(January 12, 2011)
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Sponsorship, the Sponsorship Assistant will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Sponsorship team including the coordination of sign offs and sponsor ticketing needs for TIFF Bell Lightbox, as well as account support.
This position is suited to an individual with a desire to learn more about sponsorship and marketing practices. We are looking for candidates who possess a strong customer-service orientation, administrative experience, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
• Sponsor sign-off coordination for TIFF materials
• Processing TIFF Bell Lightbox Sponsor ticketing requests
• Coordinating TIFF Bell Lightbox Sponsor event needs
• Updating Sponsor crediting chart
• Filing and recording sponsor contracts, invoices and payments
• Performing general administrative duties, such as meeting minutes, photocopying, preparing mailings, ordering office supplies, filing, coordinating courier pick-up/delivery and maintaining sponsor lists
• Providing account support to the Manager, Sponsorship and/or Account Manager, Sponsorship
• Assisting with the preparation of prospecting materials
• Compiling materials for sponsor welcome and thank-you packages
• Creating sponsor reserved seating signs and reserved seating charts
• Assisting in sponsor deliveries (e.g. product, signage etc) and sponsor event setup
• Facilitating positive relationships between all constituents (sponsors, TIFF theatre staff, volunteers, venue staff) and ensuring all receive exemplary customer service
• Position may include some lifting of up to 30lbs
• In all matters relating to sponsorship, the Sponsorship Assistant will ensure that all information is handled in an ethical and confidential manner.
Start Date: February 21, 2011
• Post secondary degree (focus on business or arts administration preferred) OR equivalent work experience.
• Extraordinary attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office Suite in particular PowerPoint and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a polished manner.
• Previous experience working with volunteers considered an asset.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on January 21 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Sponsorship Assistant
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*