January 13, 2011
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Manager, Film Circuit
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, Canadian Initiatives, the Manager, Film Circuit will be responsible for the overall management of Film Circuit, a national outreach programme showcasing and supporting Canadian and international film. The Manager, Film Circuit will exhibit strong leadership and vision ensuring relationships are maintained between Film Circuit and exhibition, distribution and all other screening partners.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Implement Director’s programming strategies for Film Circuit operations, tracking, reviewing and previewing product, consulting with and guiding groups as their film series are programmed.
• Negotiating and setting fair and equitable terms for film product between rights holders and exhibitors, intervening when necessary to ensure the best possible relationship is maintained.
• Lead the team in lobbying with exhibition to ensure theatre availability & rates
• Lead the team in lobbying with distribution for continued product support, pre-release & on-release product and negotiating distribution deals of behalf of Film Circuit
• Maintain annual box office and attendance
• Attend Film Circuit, TIFF and other events as necessary
• Set up new Film Circuit groups and identify areas were new groups could work
• Travel to Film Circuit centres and conduct Q&A sessions with guests as required.
• Assist with Board reports, provide content for bi-annual newsletters, and write programme notes for Release Schedules
• When travelling and/or attending events work hours may include some evenings and weekends)
Start Date: Tuesday February 22, 2011
• Extensive knowledge of current and Canadian film and the industry in Canada
• Minimum 5 years experience working in the film industry
• At least 3 years programming experience in film or film related organizations
• Valid Class “G” licence
• Good knowledge of Canadian geography
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Computer skills should be strong and include a decent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Exceptional written and oral skills
• adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on Friday January 28, 2011 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Manager, Film Circuit
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF gratefully acknowledges the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, for its support of organization-wide human resource initiatives.