January 13, 2011
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SUPERVISOR
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
• Provide excellent customer service on the telephone and in person
• Handle large volume of sales on a regular basis
• Process and manage cash, debit and credit card transactions with confidence
• Oversee financial reconciliations
• Provide information regarding all products and services
• Communicate effectively with all staff, volunteers, and customers
• Provide product and sales information to all customers in a timely and professional manner
• Operate computerized ticketing systems and ensure all account data is captured accurately
• Adhere to all Box Office policies and procedures
• Coach and motivate Ticket Agents
• Supervise and support Ticket Agents and ensure all performance goals are achieved
• Trouble-shoot equipment and hardware
• Perform some light lifting, as required
Contract Dates: February to October 1, 2011
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal
• Previous Customer Service experience is required
• Process-focused team players who thrive on getting the most out of others
• Ability to adapt to adapt to different locations, and reporting structures as events evolve
• Must be able to handle peak periods of telephone and in person sales
• Minimum of two years Supervisory experience
• Minimum three years ticketing or customer relations experience
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
• Openness to learn and work in a team environment
• Positive attitude
• Ability to problem solve, ‘think on your feet’ and possess conflict resolution skills
• Able to meet deadlines and remain calm and professional while under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment
• Experience handling cash and credit cards sales
• Experience with ticketing system is an asset
• Self-starter who shows strong initiative
• Knowledgeable about the organization
• Driven by team success, while understanding individual accountability
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including: early mornings, late evenings, weekends, holidays
• Will be required to work various Box Office locations
Please submit cover letter, resume and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on February 1, 2011 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Customer Relations Supervisor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position” in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF gratefully acknowledges the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, for its support of organization-wide human resource initiatives.