January 13, 2011
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is now accepting applications for the contract position of:
Assistant Manager, Festivals
*Lead candidate identified*
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
The Assistant Manager, Festivals ensures excellent customer service is delivered year round to all Box Office location for the Toronto International Film Festival.
• Promote high standards of customer service
• Lead, coach, schedule and manage Supervisors and Ticket Agents
• Provide positive and corrective feedback and evaluation for all Box Office staff members
• Provide leadership to the team by employing best practices
• Ensure Box Office policy is being employed and organizational standards are met
• Manage resolution of customer service concerns
• Report on customer service concerns and recommend improvements
• Process memberships and provide information regarding all products and services
• Manage day to day Box Office operations and responsible for all Box Office locations
• Support Manager, TIFF Bell Lightbox
• Working closely with the execution of Festival Ticketing (community partners)
• Process cash, debit and credit card transactions and balance deposits
• Oversee daily deposits, financial reconciliations and cash management
• Provide support, product and sales information to all patrons in a timely and professional manner
• Accountable for complex operations, and training procedures
• Ensure accurate accounting and data, within the ticketing system
• Oversee all transactions and investigate and respond to discrepancies
• Trouble-shoot equipment and hardware
• Ability to apply knowledge to all aspects of Box Office procedures using ticketing systems.
• Perform some light lifting, as required
Contract Dates: January 2011 to December 31 2011
• Cash management experience required
• Minimum of three years management experience is required
• Must be dependable, punctual, team player
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
• Positive attitude
• Experience with ticketing systems is required
• Able to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Self-starter who shows strong initiative
• Able to transmit enthusiasm to others
• Driven by team success, while understanding individual accountability
• Will be required to Work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Adept with PCs with Windows OS and MS Word and MS Excel software
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on January 20, 2011 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Manager, Festivals
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF gratefully acknowledges the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, for its support of organization-wide human resource initiatives.