Date: Jan 19, 2011
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF that will be marked by working at the Bell Lightbox, our new home and the world’s premiere centre for film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for providing data entry support to Accounts Payable and administrative support to members of the Finance Team, as well as some general accounting duties.
• Provide Accounts Payable support, including: invoice data entry, administration of supplier payments, handling supplier queries and supplier reconciliations;
• Generating all computer cheques for A/P, ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner and that cheques are mailed or delivered correctly;
• Review of vendor statements and follow up on outstanding invoices;
• Provide administrative support including: general filing of accounting documents, opening and distributing mail, and scanning invoices & other documents to A/P files;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Start Date: Immediate
• Previous experience in an administrative role.
• Previous experience with financial reporting systems (Financial Edge preferred) and computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail and Internet).
• Good interpersonal skills, adept at servicing a variety of internal and external clients both in person and on the phone.
• Able to work under pressure and meet processing deadlines.
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience with Accounts Payable preferred.
• Adaptable to a flexible schedule and changing work environment.
Please submit your resume by Jan 31st 2011 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Subject: FINANCE ASSISTANT
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF gratefully acknowledges the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, for its support of organization-wide human resource initiatives.